Do You Know the Difference Between a Good and Great Dentist?
Type “top dentist 54115” into your Google search box, and there will be no shortage of dental practices that pop up. But you don’t want to base your decision on a dentist for your family based on the results of a search engine. You don’t just want a good dentist—you want a great dentist.
Let’s take a look at some tips to make sure you find just that for your family.
Tip #1—Ask for Recommendations
Friends, family members, and work colleagues probably have their favorite dentists. Ask them who they would recommend—and why.
Put together a list of recommendations—and then dig a bit deeper.
Tip #2—Do Your Due Diligence
The first thing to do is to check out the dental practice websites from your list of recommendations. There are some things to consider here:
- Location. Is the practice conveniently located to home, work, or school? You are more likely to keep your appointments if the practice is in the right spot.
- Insurance. If you have it, does the practice take it?
- Payment. Find out what kind of payment options are available, and whether they offer third-party financing, which you might need for complex dental treatment.
- Emergencies. Will you be seen same day if you have a dental emergency? Is there an after-hours number to call just in case something happens outside normal office hours.
- Specifics. If you have a particularly anxious family member, find out how the dentist and his or her team handle this. If you or a family member have any other specifics, it’s time to find out how those will be dealt with by the practice.
- Philosophy. Take a look through the dentist’s website. Does their philosophy seem to match up with yours? Are you looking for a more holistic approach? Do you want a dentist that has a spa-like atmosphere? The website should be able to give you an idea.
Our Green Bay Dental Office Can Help
Finding a top dentist in 54115 who is a great fit for your family can mean all the difference between finding a good dentist versus a great dentist! Do you have questions for us? Be sure to give us a call!